Characteristics of EPDM
- Superior resistance to UV, ozone, oxidation and weathering.
- Long life expectancy. 50+ years of field performance.
- Superb elongation and lay-flat properties.
- Extremely flexible, conforms easily to most demanding sub-grades.
- Quick seaming process. Saves time and labor costs.
- Easy to install. No heat or welding required.
- Non-toxic to most fish and plant life.
- Superior puncture resistance.
- Low maintenance and easily repairable.
- Lightweight. At only 1.3kg / m2 EPDM is much lighter than many alternatives.
Waterbrothers has a skilled team and offers the highest quality installations with the backup from Carlisle and their industry-leading warranty coverage, providing customers with peace of mind that their investment is protected.
Waterbrothers offers industry-leading, reliable, economical and environmentally friendly solutions for all your water containment needs. EPDM membrane is long-lasting, durable, dimensionally stable and resistant to punctures, tears and chemicals.
EPDM Water Containment Uses
- Decorative commercial water features
- Storm water management
- Water conservation
- Irrigation dams, canals and reservoirs.
- Water Desalination Plants
EPDM vs HDPE
|Durability||Thermoset, enables exposure for decades||Susceptible to stress cracking|
|Toughness||Remains flexible at all temperatures||Stiff and risks cracking at low temperatures|
|Elongation||At over 500%||Only at 15%|
|Cost Comparison||Long life-cycle 80+years no maintenance repairs||Shorter life-cycle. Frequent maintenance repairs|
|Material Differs||Lays flat and high puncture resistance||Rigid and punctures easily|
|Size||Large so less seams and overlaps||Smaller sheets so more seems and joins|